A child needs many things to grow: First and foremost, the love and reliable care of a family, but also nutrition, health care, education, and the chance to be heard and participate in their community. In emergency situations, children often need extra protection and help as well.
Every SOS Children’s Village is a community where people work together to protect children and ensure they have access to these things which support their development. Yes, all of this for our children's future.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Pursues opportunities for the country to internally and externally promote the local associations’ activities in order to increase the public recognition and foster a positive image with the overall goal to support fundraising activities, sets up the external communications concept and the external communications plan reflecting the strategy and the development of external communication in the country;
- Drives fundraising innovation in all fields of Fundraising like campaigns, loyalty packages, channels, target groups, database solutions;
- Develops the annual fundraising business plan, budget and supervision on the development of the annual fundraising tools & KPIs (product portfolio and packages, presentations, proposals, partners’ categorisation, loyalty services);
- Establishes and maintains long term partnerships with corporate, private and individual donors, manages and upgrades the accounts, network and position the SOS Children’s Villages Romania brand according to the brand vision, mission and values;
- Ensures coherent messaging and branding, aligned position statements and drive capacity building for the local association in the area of external communication (including Crisis Communication);
- Supports upon request National Directors and Boards in the area of fundraising and communications;
- Works in close collaboration with different partners and service providers such as advertising agency, in order to produce the necessary materials and organize/promote different events/campaigns;
- Accompanies fundraising campaigns, support fundraising colleagues with expertise for external communications and adaptation of content for all channels, online and offline;
- Aims to strengthen brand awareness, credibility and acceptance with the overall goal to support fundraising activities; represents SOS Children’s Villages Romania to different events including meetings, exhibitions, open days, conferences, etc;
- Supervises and leads the national Communications & Fundraising team in the Member Association including all leadership tasks from recruitment decisions to managing the team as well as individual performance and ensuring the development of direct reports.
Work experience and professional skills
- University degree ideally in marketing, communications, business administration, journalism or sales;
- Good English, written and spoken;
- Experience in the use of online marketing, use of social media as part of a fully integrated fundraising approach;
- Experience with high-level negotiations and management of partners and service providers;
- Good understanding and practical experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including database solutions being able to manage the full donor life cycle;
- Experience and competence in dealing with managing income and expenditure budgets;
- It is a plus to have a track record in change management;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Can identify with the vision, mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages;
- Strategic thinking; Risk assessment and decision making;
- Self-motivated, determined, innovative and with a “can do” mentality; ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference; self-confident character and appearance;
- Able to deal with the challenges of a complex international organisation;
- Strong social and networking skills and in initiating and developing professional relationships on a national level;
- People development: driven to improve others; delegation skills, giving/ receiving feedback and identifying development opportunities of co-workers;
- Transparency and openness in relations with others;
- Ability to innovate & embrace change as an opportunity; creative and inspirational leader with entrepreneurial skills who is both strategic and also willing to work "hands on";
- Be able to effectively manage both people and processes.