- you will work with an international team for an international network of organizations that have over 20 years’ experience in democracy education;
- you will collaborate with the Executive Director of the Romanian organization that is part of the network (10 years’ experience in management) and with the PR representative in Romania (8 years’ experience in Public Relations);
- you will coordinate the PR strategy and activities of a network consisting of 18 organizations all around Europe;
- you will work with some of the most relevant associations in Europe activating in deliberative education (only in Romania the association works with over 250 schools and impact more than 30.000 beneficiaries);
- you will benefit from an attractive reward package.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and implementing a general communication strategy for the IDEA NL network;
- Creating and implementing a campaign celebrating 20 years of debate education in Central and Eastern Europe.
- You have a minimum of 8 years’ communication and public relations experience (preferably for non-profit organizations);
- You are particularly skilled in using social media tools, in creating and implementing social media strategies and campaigns;
- You are proficient in English;
- You are knowledgeable with basic software and online platform management (Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point; Adobe Suite: Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign; Online platforms: Google Analytics, Wordpress);
- You are ambitious, energetic, determined and independent, you have the ability to prioritize tasks and respect deadlines;
- You have impeccable work ethics (you come to work on time, let us know if you’re late, don’t waste time on Facebook, etc.). We are a relaxed and easy-going team, but we do our work in a very professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY
Please enclose the following documents (all in English):
- Cover letter (not longer than one A4 page);
- CV (not longer than 3 pages);
- one-year long employment contract with possibility of extension;
- contract starts as soon as we find the right candidate.
- Our office is situated in Piata Victoriei.
- We will be providing all the resources you need (the laptop, pens, etc).
- You just make sure to bring the determination to make the world a better place through education.
- 6 to 8 hours (depending on the candidate’s abilities and financial expectations).
WHO WE ARE
- ARDOR: The Romanian Association for Debate, Oratory and Rhetoric is one of the most relevant and dynamic non-profit organisations that activate in the educational are in Romania. ARDOR has been promoting, for the past 20 years, debate as an essential instrument for democracy education in Romanian Schools and Universities. We annually work with more than 250 educational institutions and more than 30.000 youngsters benefit from the programs we develop. ARDOR is a member of the Education Coalition and one of the founders of IDEA.
- IDEA NL: International Debate Education Association is a global Network of organizations that educates people in debate in order to give young people a voice for their ideas, as we believe that debating provides a platform for them to speak up and be heard in a safe and structured environment. We aspire to be the world's leading provider of debate education, offering debate resources, debate training and debate events to educators, youth groups and young people across the world. The network consists of 5 branches (IDEA Netherlands, IDEA Central Asia, DEA Middle East and North Africa, IDEA Southeast Europe, IDEA United Kingdom) that help run debating activities in over 50 languages in more than 50 countries. IDEA NL Is the branch established in Amsterdam, whose members are debate (network) organisations who are very active in organising debate events for young people. At the moment it consists of 15 members in 17 countries among which The Romanian Association for Debate, Oratory and Rhetoric.