As Event Manager in the Attendee Tracking COE, you will be responsible for supporting Event managers worldwide, assisting them in managing of their attendee capture plans
The Event Manager assists the WW and Geo Event teams in the selecting the appropriate tools and works with them to ensure all appropriate data is captured including:
- Assist teams in the process of planning and implementing their attendee capture data plans
- Assist teams in the upload of 3rd party data in a timely way
- Assist teams in timely problem resolution
- Work with your team lead to help event and campaign managers for events to determine the attendee capture requirements and select the best solution for their event (ie: promoter lead scanners, Akkkroo, Cvent, local GRP replica)
- Support event owners of complex third party events to define their plan for post event RLM including the fields that must be captured onsite and the routing logic that should be used based on lead scans
- Provide support for loading event responses from complex third party events into the event tool for non-proprietary events. This will involve using promoter show floor lead scans to consolidate the scan data from the promoter into a single entry for each attendee in a single attendee file, transferring the data into an EIT import template and applying the agreed upon logic to assign lead routing values to the record
- Be an SME on EIT and spreadsheets to help loading of 3rd party data and problem resolution
- Interact with internal and external teams
- Share and/or adopt best practices and apply lessons learned with marketing teams in Bucharest, in European countries or worldwide.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master level skills in MS Excel, with a demonstrated proficiency in using Pivot Tables, V Look-up and data analysis, writing of macros.
- Deep understanding of attendee capture solutions utilized for events
- Deep understanding the IBM event tools, especially EIT.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills, and project management skills.
- English - native or proficient level.