IBM Marketing Services Center - Bucharest is looking for talented and proactive people to join its team. The objective of the Center is to act as the marketing engine for IBM across Europe, driving and assisting in a variety of marketing campaigns spanning a spectrum of products and business units.
The IBM Global Business Partners organization empowers our Business Partner community with the vital knowledge, expertise and tools to seize the high value opportunities presented by a smarter planet. Together we focus on achieving our joint business objectives by helping our clients thrive in their industries.
The Business Partner organization provides a Center of Competency to deliver IBM-wide programs and an infrastructure “engine” optimized to support all Business Partner types and programs. It enables effectiveness and efficiency of brand go-to-market, including services to increase Business Partner capacity, competitiveness and wallet share.
About this role
As Channel Marketing Events Specialist you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Enablement Actions, Events and Sponsorships for the Business Partners to increase skills and improve BP participation in enablement programs.
Events and Sponsorships (for Channel Enablement and Channel Expansion):
- Manages the end to end event process by coordinating the relationship with the agency, the execution of event materials, managing the budget, registration processes and the correct recording in the internal tools, contact with local teams
- Manage the event invitation process and communication towards Business Partners via agreed channels (PartnerWorld portal, CCDb tool)
- Leverages Event Report Analysis to provide insights on event performance; work with Europe Country BP Marketing Manager on corrective action plan as needed
- Collaborates with Market BP Marketing team to ensure adequate distribution of tasks across local vs. MSC resources
- Takes responsibility for Events Process Compliance managed through all related internal tools (CTEBA, GRP, OET, MFR, EWS, MIM etc.)
- Implements post event follow up plans to ensure the measurement of the event results
- Supports and expands Market digital / social strategy to and through Partners
- Manages the Sponsorship process for IBM involvement in third party events, ensuring compliance with IBM guidance.
- Event Management Experience
- Previous marketing operations experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and project management skills.
- Deep understanding of marketing data, segmentation and metrics.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate across functions and geographies
- Very good communications skills (written, spoken)
- Strong ability to adapt in new environments
- Strong ability to take on new challenges
- Ability to synthesize channel strategy and translate into an enablement, sponsorship or event plan
- Solid analytic skills to determine success and make recommendations
- Strong project management skills
- Digital / social / mobile applications skills
- Organization skills and attention to details
- Fluent in English, other language is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.