The Analytics Specialist works closely with Web Experience and Globalization team in the strategic use of IBM’s databases and processes to support Marketing objectives and organic activities. The Analytics Specialist is involved in finding new approaches to using data, tools and processes to improve organic business results offering data analysis & consultancy services. In a digital era, the Analyst needs to understand and work with digital metrics and data.
The Analytics specialist will play a vital advisory role in both stages of the marketing business plan influencing the planning as well as the optimization process with their data knowledge, with a focus on digital, using all available data tools and capabilities.
This is a role in the Globalization and Web Experience team, covering organic activities unfolded at worldwide level and across the geos (NA, Europe, AP, GCG, LA, MEA, Japan).
1. Connects Analytics findings to create recommendations and insights that enable and improve business decisions, strategic view, key marketing performance objectives by:
- Analyzing overall marketing organic performance, identifying business impact of marketing activities and audience segments.
- Leveraging client, prospect and marketplace information, analytics and analysis techniques to develop observed behavioral based segmentation, to provide data driven client insights and strategies.
- Offer consultancy /education to other team members on database topics and tools (how to, campaign planning, new capabilities, nurture).
2. Consults and collaborates within Digital Analytics Team in the strategic use of IBM’s databases and tools to support organic marketing activity by:
- Leading discussions for understanding the business need and the requirements, continuously evolving measurement methods and performance data visualization
- Ensure the worldwide/geos/markets teams have the funnel statistics for planning and optimization (tools), conduct root cause analysis on gaps
- Engaging proactively on testing new ideas/adjusting organic activities based on "near real time" analyses
- Interpreting, presenting the results/insights of the analyzes and driving organic optimization by providing recommendations, for geos/markets to reach their KPIs.
3. Continuous education on new tools and educate the Web Experience worldwide/ geo teams
- Continuously educating oneself and others on the new topics with high focus on digital (eg. new data capabilities, new reporting tools, new data base etc.)
- Advocating, promoting and providing expertise on the use of data, new models, processes, privacy and tool requirements to the geos/markets
- Partnering with Geo and WW teams to input requirements into WW and Client Information initiatives (IDM, MPW, DAW, etc.)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of marketing data, segmentation, metrics and tools
- Understanding of direct and digital marketing, and concepts of marketing automation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (excellent English), demonstrated leadership skills, and project management skills.
- Business knowledge and consultative skills / problem solving capability
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in working with SQL, with DB2 skills, Proficient in use of QMF/SPSS or other Query/Insight tools accessing DB2 databases is a plus.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Agile project management know-how (preferably experienced as scrum master and/or product owner)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.