Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Sr. Quality Analyst is responsible for overseeing a wide range of tests to ensure the software meets our end-user requirements, which includes: setting test scope and objectives, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. This position serves as the organizational expert in software testing and undertakes medium to large sized projects requiring QA testing management and oversight.
The Sr. Quality Analyst champions best practice and innovation in testing, playing a vital role in ensuring Quality Verification testing is up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project Leads to help define and deliver the Quality Verification test strategy.
- Drive the automation strategy in new and unique ways that enhance the ROI it generates.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple teams.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools (or driving the vision/concept for new tools that have been developed/acquired)
- Review database issues, consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required working closely with the Project Lead.
- Work closely with the other Quality Analysts to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, which are supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking in order to support further transformation of Quality Verification testing practices.
- Use necessary game experience and skillset to proactively find and reproduce concerns in software and document these in a clear, detailed and objective manner.
- Leverage real user analytics to drive improved QA strategies that focus on improving key features and user paths.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and testing techniques, automated and manual test processes, test case design and execution, regression testing, load testing etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate complex technical information to different teams and stakeholders, within and outside of the Quality Verification group.
- Familiarity with a project’s development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QA’s role at each stage.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance requirements.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of test automation.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.Aplica la acest job