Location: Iași, Bucharest
As an Account Manager for Grapefruit, a digital agency, you will be responsible to maximize the value of Grapefruit in front of our actual clients and potential clients.
You will do this by solving business problems through the deployment of various digital projects, crafted by your amazing in-house digital team.
What will you gain with this new opportunity?
You will be part of one of the most appreciated digital agencies based in Romania, with cross-learning and team growth at its core. This is a result of our commitment and effort to solve the business challenges of our clients. You will be part of Grapefruit’s Customer Success Team and will work closely with the Project Manager assigned to the project. Moreover, as an Account Manager, you will be working very closely with our Delivery Manager and Project Managers and will be reporting to the Customer Success Manager.
The Account Manager that we are looking for will do this by exercising expertise in:
- managing project scope for a digital project from idea to completion, working with both the client representatives and delivery team;
- managing budgets and billing associated with their customer relationships;
- up-sell and grow customer relationships through continuous effort spent on understanding their business needs and offering solutions;
- maximizing each client’s relationship net promoter score.
Professional and Personal Growth
We continuously invest in the professional growth of our team. Our wish is that each team member gets visibility when it comes to their expertise and constantly grows. We encourage people to take courses and we pay for them if they are useful for present or future projects.
Company and team size
We have two offices in Iasi & Bucharest. At this moment we are 50+ people in the company, with a Customer Success team of 8 colleagues.
We have cross-specialty teams. This means you will work together with project managers, designers, marketing specialists & other developers. The team sizes range from 3 to 9 colleagues.
Leadership Opportunities & Domain Experts
The majority of our team leaders come from within the organization. We encourage colleagues to develop their leadership potential. To do this we have shadowing programs for people that want to learn how to become a team leader. We encourage people to learn so they become domain experts on the technologies they like. This way they become the go to person when it comes to that specific technology and can practice leadership skills.
Remote work, Flexible schedule & we don’t encourage overtime
You can work remotely, or from the office (because of Covid, at the moment we all work remotely). We usually work from 9:00 to 18:00 with one hour of break. If you need, you can take time off during the day and either catch-up later or take it from your vacation days. If you need a different schedule we can also accommodate this. Just mention it at the interview and we will find a solution that suits everyone.
We don’t like overtime and we don’t encourage it. If the needs appear though, you are always asked if you want to do it and it is always paid. If you don’t want to do overtime, there are no hard feelings.
We believe in fairness so all our salaries are set to seniority levels. We check seniority levels twice a year. You get support from your team leader to advance to the next seniority levels. If you advance to the next seniority level, you automatically get a raise.
If you have the same seniority level as a colleague, you both have the same salary, so there are no hard feelings. We also research and participate in salary studies to remain competitive in the market.
What you need to know for this position
- Account management – delivering quality online projects on time and budget. You need to be familiar with different pricing and sales proposals strategies when talking about digital projects;
- Proven experience in coordinating digital projects such as websites, B2B or B2C platforms, digital campaigns, national consumer promotions;
- Building great professional relationships;
- Management of small to medium-sized delivery teams (designers, web developers, content editors, digital strategists);
- Actively participated in pitch presentations and bidding process;
- Client budgets financial management: monthly reporting internally and externally;
- Excellent English (written and spoken);
- Proficiency with project management tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Drive & others.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant proven experience (digital projects) in a position of project management or account manager.
What will be your responsibilities
- Help the project teams understand the client expectations and project scope for them to provide a high-quality service;
- Negotiate project scope with the client and delivery team so that you find the optimal and technically realistic solution to solve the client’s need. The project manager role will be responsible for effort estimation and planning but you will be responsible for scope management and client negotiations;
- Work in a consulting manner with the project manager & delivery manager each current/upcoming project to be aware of each project evolution and new opportunities that might come up;
- Propose solutions to optimize processes/way of working to increase productivity and delivery quality;
- Facilitate client, stakeholders discovery workshops with the aim to better understand business needs, objective, challenges and industry specifics;
- You have a key role in the success of projects and initiatives of all sizes - so you align on the whole process with the client and team;
- Overcome communication gap between client and delivery team by helping each side understand the way of working, industry specifics;
- You can coordinate a pitch process from the beginning to the end;
- Travel as needed to meet our clients face-to-face;
- Make the client and delivery team love working with you, while/by doing all of this;
- Collaborate with PR and offer full support to promote Grapefruit—written articles, case studies, event presentations, etc.
Benefits, perks & vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Pink Friday – a whole day dedicated to sharing and learning that we organize every month
- Game nights, social events, trainings, and other activities throughout the year
- 21 holiday days and how many emergency days you need
- Amazing team building and rewards for people that go above and beyond.