Thales, global technology leader for the Aerospace, Transport, Defence and Security markets, is looking to hire an experienced communication manager (maternity cover) as full time employee or as freelancer.
To enhance the Group’s overall brand and image for Thales in Romania.
He/She will be a team player, a local point of contact for the Country and the local management team.
He/She will interact regularly with the various departments of the Corporate Communications (Media, Brand and Content, Digital Communications, Events and Exhibitions, Internal, etc.) and the Global Business Units under the supervision of the Head of Communications for the region.
The key mission of the role is to support the business development and stakes for Thales in Romania.
Media and Social Media Relations:
• Manage the editorial content for Romania (Thales in Romania, the Engineering Competency Center development, local Q&As..);
• Interaction with the local-based PR Agency to enhance as much as possible local awareness for the company;
• Provide assistance between the local based PR Agency and the press team at the Group level for the organization of press events (press briefings, conferences or trips), validation of press releases, preparation and follow up on articles, advertorials, features and interviews and follow-up on the media monitoring.
Exhibitions and events:
• Execution and management of exhibitions and events and the rollout of corporate events with a view to promote Thales corporate values & corporate stance;
• Planning and delivering events (exhibitions, conferences, seminars, job fairs, press events, etc.): organization + follow up and coordination with the concerned people + products and demos on display + other branding and marketing benefits;
• Assist in writing and positioning Corporate Communication for Group wide matters such as corporate ID for the country, attractiveness for local candidates, positioning.
Branding, Advertising and Content:
• The Communications Manager is to work closely with the Group teams on advertising in relevant print, broadcast and online media supports. He / She will prepare the local advertisings/content/storytelling and ensure timely delivery of ads.
• The Communications Manager is to work as a business partner with the Human Resources representatives on recruitment action plans and employee engagement initiatives. The Communications Manager is to facilitate internal communications between business lines, staff to develop the sense of belonging (internal events, editorials for the intranet, sharing key regional achievements with the Group, etc.).
Follow-Up on operations and budget:
• The Communications Manager will contribute in planning the yearly budget in accordance with the Group Communications strategy (including exhibitions and events, advertising and media plans).
• The Communications Manager is to assist the Regional Head of Communications in the follow-up of the KPIs and the Scorecard for the Country.
• Previous experience in house communication within a multinational company and/or an Agency;
• Demonstrate strong written communication skills with cooperation and deep team spirit;
• Accountable and multi-task handling skills;
• Reliable, quality-oriented, creative and innovative;
• Business School, Ba/Bs or Master in Marketing and/or Communications;
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Photoshop a plus;
• Fluent in English, French would be a plus.