McCann Worldgroup seeks an Account Director to act as the day-to-day agency integrator and client lead on their piece of business, responsible for the efficient running of the account and the team working into them.
The Account Director should know their client's business inside-out, understanding the key challenges they face, and have good relationships at all levels.
They will lead projects autonomously, with a full understanding of all the elements, including resourcing and finances. They will be spotting opportunities, then working on the agency's strategies to deliver them, paving the way for their team.
We need someone to help us partner with Strategy and Creative to think problems through… for the world.
What Will You Do?
- Support the business in leveraging your expertise to navigate the complexities of clients’ business sectors to create breakthrough communications;
- Join a senior-level team of the agencies finest to continue driving the brand forward in a highly competitive and fast-paced environment;
- Help lead the brand and clients across multiple integrated touchpoints as they look to continue to push the boundaries of creative deliverables;
- Actively contribute to building / enhancing / streamlining processes;
- Maintain knowledge of competitive trends within the category and recognize and address barriers to acquisition;
- Drive thought leadership and strategic deliverables for the brand's future and identify great creative ideas in their infancy;
- Manage the relationship of the partner agencies active on business;
- Develop strong relationships with both our clients and your counterparts on the Creative and Strategy teams;
- Mentor and coach junior staff.
What Do You Need?
- Problem Solving – Identify problems and provide information and data necessary to generate solutions;
- Business Relationship Management – Closely track any changes in the client’s business. Build and deliver best-in-class business solutions over time to establish effective relationships;
- Strategic Thinking – Build expertise with proprietary strategic tools (5Cs, Relationship Mapping, etc.) to effectively partner to create inspiring briefs;
- Creative Thinking – Relentlessly drive creativity by generating business angles and ways into the client that are unexpected and insight-driven;
- Influence & Negotiation – Respond effectively to the positions of others and create milestones and symbols that rally support;
- Financial Acumen – Manage the day-to-day financials of the account to ensure client and agency are on budget and updated frequently.
Other Characteristics of an MW Account Director:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a client service role in an agency;
- The ideal applicant would have been involved in multiple integrated campaigns and have a deep knowledge of digital ecosystems;
- Solid understanding of agency and creative process;
- Ability to inspire world-class creativity;
- Track record of building strong long-term client relationships;
- Continually drive for results and highest quality standards;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills;
- Ability to keep composure in high-stress situations;
- Experienced people manager, demonstrating strong mentoring abilities;
- Highly detail-oriented and can synthesize information from multiple perspectives and sources to make specific recommendations that align consumer and business needs.;
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to lead a business;
- Solid understanding of business and the current marketplace;
- Ability to design and deliver a presentation with a creative flair.
The Account Management team here at McCann Worldgroup pride themselves on being relentless in converting opportunities for our clients, our agency, and our community. We are curious, strategic, and creative with a never-ending passion for doing fantastic work.
Would you join us?