The Group Creative Director works closely with the Creative team in producing a high quality creative product for the agency’s clients.
Along with the account service representatives, the Group Creative Director maintains contact with the client and presents the team’s creative concepts to client representatives.
On those accounts under his or her supervision, the Group Creative Director provides leadership to art directors, copywriters, and creative directors.
They work closely with the other disciplines in delivering and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop and produce creative concepts through execution for a number of brands and/or services
- Partner with account group and strategic planning staff to gather information and insights about a product/service and target(s) to determine a style and visual expression for the advertising
- Truly manage or “own” the assigned accounts; feel accountable for their (and your) success
- Work with writers/art directors on creative for digital, print, and/or broadcast for all assigned accounts
- Present approved work to client representatives
- Supervise the selection of photographers or illustrators in execution of advertising
- Supervise the selection of directors, production and post companies for TV and video shoots
- Lead new business pitches
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends and talent
- Keep abreast of competitive work in the category and for the target audience of the assigned brands
- Assist/evaluate the performance of the creative work assigned to the Creative Directors and junior teams under his/her supervision
- Help to create and maintain a high energy level with junior Creatives assigned to the team
- Expectation to mentor, influence and inspire Creatives to become our next generation of group and thought leaders
- Any additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years of art direction/copywriting experience with a proven record of leading and motivating others, in particular, staff and clients
- Strong concepting and ideation skills with outstanding abilities in design and art direction
- 8+ years of experience in presenting creative work to senior level clients.