The Traffic Manager is responsible for ensuring a smooth running of projects, ensuring the highest quality of deliverables within agreed timescales.
They are expected to provide strong leadership and direction to the relevant creative and client services teams and take ownership for the quality of briefs executed.
The Traffic Manager is charged with ensuring clear lines of communication and managing client expectations appropriately through all stages of delivery.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Ensure all projects are managed on time to agreed timescales
- Effectively manage strong on-going relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple projects / work-streams where required
- Identify and ensure effective utilisation of department resource and skill base to support to Business Management/Client Services where required
- Develop a strong working relationship and manage Traffic Coordinator’s ongoing development, including ensuring project management training.
- Be able to confidently take briefs from account management, interrogate and assimilate information into suitable format
- Organize workflow and resource to schedule briefs, set job bags and ensure co-ordination with production team as required
- Ensure project requests are dealt with promptly and that expectations are managed in terms of speed, delivery and quality of response, including where other departments are required, as appropriate
- Keep job briefing history updated and ensure information is readily available as required
- Be able to positively react to pressure situations and realign resource accordingly
- Keep all staff aware of forthcoming workload, requirements and expectations
- Provide senior management with regular workload updates and highlight any potential problems
- Identify and deal with problems as they arise, escalating and involving Senior Management where appropriate
- Develop and maintain a close and productive relationship with relevant contacts, acting with integrity at all times
- Manage the production of all project documentation, and ensure it is maintained in a timely and accurate fashion.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of trafficking/workflow management in an agency / corporate environment
- General awareness of studio software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once
- Experience of managing agency resources effectively with an awareness of time and budget requirements
- Understand and articulate all the production aspects of advertising campaigns
- Good understanding of cost and quality control management
- Broad based understanding of the advertising / communication industry
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Eye for detail and quality focused.