Who we are
Pago is the app for household payments in Romania, and we are working towards making it a success in Poland, Italy, and a few other countries during the next five years. Our users' aha moment is seeing all their bills on one screen and paying them all with one confirmation.
Our mission is to help people better manage and pay their utility bills. Since we launched the app in 2017, we have processed over 9 million payments worth more than 1 billion Lei.
Join our team of 25 developers, designers, marketing, support, and business development experts and help us on our mission. We plan on growing our team over the next 12 months to over 40 people as we look to accelerate our growth in several countries.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Social Media Designer who can join our team full-time. The job is fully remote.
You are the right candidate for this role if you have 3+ years of social media design experience.
- 3+ years experience in conceptualizing and designing creative assets, templates, and systems that support various marketing and growth efforts, such as campaigns, social media posts, videos, etc.
- Efficiently combine creativity, functionality, and skills to produce eye-catching and informative content aligned with the brand’s needs
- Successfully support Growth and Marketing goals by creating visual designs that inspire and encourage people to take action
- Clearly present design ideas, explorations, and concepts for campaigns and projects
- Manage multiple and changing priorities
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have
- Having worked on a mobile app or website
- Having some UI/UX experience
- Illustration / animation skills
Qualities we value
- Problem-solving – Having a problem-solving attitude and being up for challenges
- Autonomy – Being able to work independently but also know when to involve your teammates and ask for help
- Being a lifelong learner – You know you don't know it all, but you are always eager for feedback or to develop your skills
- Challenge assumptions – We expect everyone to voice their opinion, especially if you believe there's a better option, and know how to argue your ideas
- Learn by doing – You are always curious about new possibilities and take action to explore them
- Good communicator – As a remote-first company with members in 4 different cities (and counting), we communicate and work online to make sure everyone stays updated and included at all times
What the job involves
- Taking ownership of designing and managing all visual marketing materials, including social media assets, paid ads, videos, and user-facing landing pages
- Work with the Design and Marketing teams to make sure all the designs align with our mission, brand, and marketing strategy
- Review existing marketing content to identify areas for improvement
- Create visual style guidelines, design systems, and templates for all marketing assets
The first six months
In the first week, expect to
- Onboard into Pago while learning our product & brand
- Get to know our team (engineers, designers, product, support, marketing)
- Explore existing marketing materials, landing pages, and websites, and identify areas of improvement
In the first month, expect to
- Work closely with the marketing team and create a plan for improving the visual and informative qualities of all marketing assets
- Defining a visual style guide and creating templates
In the first three months, expect to
- Have a consistent, improved visual style for all marketing assets
- Define and create a style for informative videos that will be used across social media and blog
In the first six months, expect to
- Create assets for a new campaign, including a landing page
- Be able to measure the evolution of your work (ex. Through engagement rates), understand the impact, and seek areas of improvement
We make sure you
- Receive a competitive salary
- Are equipped with the right tools so that you can make your best work: laptop, workspace allowance, Adobe license, books (design & self-development)
- Work in a friendly environment – A good vibe goes a long way, even when things go the other way
- Have more than enough paid leave days; we know that being in the right state of mind brings the best results
- Grow as a designer and as a person. We have learning sessions every week, and we’ll make sure you have the space and tools to learn and grow.
- Also have fun! We organize poker nights, kart racing, and hikes on which you are more than welcome to join
- Have flexibility. You have the freedom to decide when and where you work
- Get to taste and help out with choosing the Pago beer each year (yes, this implies all the fun of thinking of a new theme each year), which you will receive just before Christmas