This position is intended for communications specialists who have managed tech accounts in an agency or have experience in the marcomm department of a tech company (B2C/B2B).
As an Account Manager, you will play a key role in running multiple client accounts, working closely with the Account Director and Executives to deliver exceptional communications programs for your clients.
- Creating integrated communication strategies for tech clients (B2C & B2B)
- Strategies include specific channels (media, social media, influencer & KOLs, online/offline events, strategic partnerships, reviews)
- Implement communication activities including new product introductions, product reviews, analyst relations, awards and speaker’ bureau opportunities
- Become an expert on your clients’ business and the competitive landscape. Provide strategic recommendations and creative ideas for clients on an ongoing basis; proactively identifies and addresses clients’ needs
- Set & manage budget and allocation of staff resources
- Coordination with internal team/client team
- Negotiation of fees in relation to third parties
- Build strong client relations at senior levels, identifies and troubleshoots issues and challenges as they relate to client satisfaction and overall program success
- Involvement in crisis communication situations
- Actively participate in new business: Identifies opportunities to upsell and grow the account; brings in new business opportunities through own network, experience and meet established revenue goals; generates new business pitch decks with strategic, creative thinking; contributes meaningfully to RFPs
- Intrapreneurial spirit
- Minimum 5 years of PR agency/client experience in a similar position
- Previous consistent B2B/B2C tech industry exposure
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large retainer clients as well as managing sizeable account teams
- Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development and corporate positioning
- Ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously
- A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable communication programs for multiple clients
- Knowledge of business, tech, lifestyle media
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, blog posts, byline articles, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- English CAE/CPE level
- Person who is up to date with industry news (campaigns, tactics, technologies, client opportunities)
- Good time management
- Positive, non-confrontational, creative nature.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous direct coordination of award winning campaigns
- Advertising experience is a plus
- Percentage for projects won/performance bonus
- Access to learning resources
- Cool photos in Venus Five studio :)
- An entrepreneurial work environment, in a positive team