The IBM Marketing Service Center (MSC) is looking for an Application Development manager to lead the technical resources in Romania. In this role, you will manage a team of highly motivated development engineers including Programmers, Architects, DBAs, and testers.
The ideal candidate must have strong technical and management background and be very passionate about building and leading high impact teams. The candidate should be a leader with the desire to lead multiple projects and develop future employees. They must be able to deliver projects on time, on schedule, and on budget. They must develop the resources so that future leaders emerge. And finally, they must manage the department resources to be within budget.
The people manager will be based in Bucharest, Romania.
- Manage team of software engineers in a fast-paced environment; mentor and coach its team members
- Represent the team in cross functional discussions (platform, offering management, marketing, etc)
- Negotiate, create, drive execution of roadmap
- Continuously look for ways to drive improvements in the efficiency and quality of the team's deliverables
- Collaborate with peers and technical leads to develop and implement innovative solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Team leadership or previous personnel management experience
- The ideal candidate must have successfully led a team deliver projects using agile software development practices
- Proven negotiation and communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in leading a team
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing web solution.