900 digital professionals attended DIGITALIUM 2019 - The Hottest Digital Marketing Conference.
The event room was packed full of brand builders, marketing managers, digital strategists and vloggers – all of them excited to receive insights on how to be successful on Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and how to design email marketing campaigns with high ROI.
The event’s amazing lineup of speakers rocked the stage at #digitalium2019!
Randi Zuckerberg, Dan Knowlton, Goldie Chan, Derral Eves, Kelvin Newman, Jessica Best, Andrew Pickering & Peter Gartland – they all delivered value by sharing with the audience what works and doesn’t work in digital today.
If you didn’t join the conference, make sure you won’t miss it next year!
Until then, here are the key takeaways of this year’s edition.
Randi Zuckerberg @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – The impact of social media
Randi’s presentation was entertaining, uplifting and high on energy.
She shared her life story in digital marketing and how Facebook Live started as a wild idea that she had during a hackathon.
Three years later, there are over 3,500,000,000 Facebook Live broadcasts according to the latest stats.
Randi loved doing marketing for the biggest social network in the world but left Facebook when she realized she wanted to build her own dream, not her brother’s.
So she founded Zuckerberg Media to help create a world where there was more representation from women and keep the door open for girls in tech.
TV host, bestselling author and entrepreneur, Randi Zuckerberg surprised and delighted the audience when she ended her speech by singing a tech-inspired Little Mermaid song.
Every single one of us is a media company.
Takeaway tips from Randi:
- It’s complicated: We need technology to save us from our technology.
- Bring your wildest dreams to the table.
- To create scarcity, go live.
- Have big bold ideas and not be afraid of being judged.
Dan Knowlton @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – Instagram advertainment: how to market on Instagram in 2019
Digital influencer and social media marketing expert, Dan Knowlton delivers creative marketing campaigns that outperform traditional marketing.
His agency – Knowlton has been selected as a finalist for Social Media Agency of The Year in the 2019 Social Media Marketing Awards.
Takeaway tips from Dan:
- Why should you create entertaining ads? Because they make us feel something.
- Advertainment puts the consumer first and brands KPIs second.
- Create authentic video content: no scripts, no actors, no non-skippable ads!
- Identify and tap into a cultural relevant situation that your audience will understand.
Goldie Chan @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – LinkedIn’s top rules
Known as the Oprah of LinkedIn, Goldie Chan is a top LinkedIn creator, digital strategist and personal branding expert.
She is an author and instructor at LinkedIn Learning, working with the creative team behind the learning platform at LinkedIn to create new courses like LinkedIn Video Marketing for Personal and Brand Pages.
Her video channel, #DailyGoldie, won LinkedIn Top Voice (the highest honour on the platform) and was the platform’s longest-running daily show with a global community and millions of views.
She is the founder & head of content and creative for Warm Robots, a B2B and B2C social media strategy agency specializing in getting big brands to the right audience.
Takeaway tips from Goldie:
- What is the keyword that you want to be known for the most? Create content to dominate that keyword!
- Avoid being salesy! SayHello instead of Buy this!
- LinkedIn video is still in the wild, wild west stage of the platform. It’s time to take advantage of it now!
- Use no more than 3 hashtags or 1 custom hashtag in your posts.
- Don’t include links in your post! Place them in the first comment instead.
Derral Eves @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – YouTube superstars
As a highly respected video marketing strategist, Derral Eves has been on YouTube since its launch in 2005.
With 14 years of experience, you might think Derral doesn’t have anything more to learn, but you would be wrong. He says his most valuable skill is that he never stops learning.
Takeaway tips from Derral:
- If you want to have success with video, you need to leverage the satisfaction feedback loop.
- What does my brand stand for? What does my audience care about? The recipe for success is at the intersection of these answers.
- If you want to scale, you need to go into pop culture.
- Leverage these moments: I want to know, I want to learn, I want to buy, I want to go.
Kelvin Newman @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – How we can respond to the ever-changing face of Google Search Result Pages?
Kelvin Newman is one of the most influential professionals in SEO.
As the organizer of BrightonSEO, the biggest search marketing event in the world, Kelvin has a unique perspective of SEO with first-hand insights into current trends.
Don’t write for search engines. Write for what search engines think users want.
Takeaway tips from Kelvin:
- Getting featured in one of Google’s SERP results is an opportunity for brand awareness and sales.
- This means you need to change how you present your content. It also changes your understanding of what success is for your business.
- Start using Structured Data and schema.org to get the best of SERP results.
Jessica Best @DIGITALIUM 2019
Jessica Best @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – The Good, The Bad & The Wow!
Jessica Best is one part massive email marketing nerd and one part permission-marketing evangelist.
After years of focusing on return on marketing investment (ROI or ROMI) and customer retention, she fell in love with email marketing for its immediacy and the complex possibilities of relationship marketing.
Takeaway tips from Jessica:
- Have a content plan before you start your email marketing program. What goals are you looking to achieve?
- Email’s average read rate is 22-26% while social is <10%.
- Don’t ignore mobile users’ experience. People delete and/or unsubscribe from emails that provide a bad experience.
Andrew Pickering and Peter Gartland @ DIGITALIUM 2019 – How to be remarkable: the unusual yet proven path to marketing success
Andrew and Pete met on the first day of University and they became best friends. They shared the same passion for business and entrepreneurship and upon graduating, they set-up their own company.
They are committed to helping small business owners grow and scale their business online by creating content and training that actually helps people.
For their relentless and valuable work, Andrew and Pete won the ‘Digital and Social Media Company of the Year Award‘, and also ‘Business Personality of the Year Award‘.
People who spread themselves too thin, never win.
Andrew and Pete
Takeaway tips from Andrew and Pete:
- To reach everyone, you don’t need to be on every platform.
- To decide which platform to let go of, look at the data. That’s how you discover where to focus your marketing efforts.
- Go by the 90/10 rule: use 90% of your marketing efforts to do something remarkably well and 10% experimenting.
More highlights on the event are on DIGITALIUM’s Facebook Page & Instagram Account.
Subscribe to digitalium.ro to catch the updates on the following event!