Premiile obtinute la FIBRA #2:
- BRONZE FIBRA @ Brand Activations
- BRONZE FIBRA @ Media Relations
- BRONZE FIBRA @ Corporate Communications
PRESENTING THE CASE
Campaign / Execution Summary
Itsy Bitsy, the only Romanian radio dedicated to parents and children, launched a brave campaign which aims to fundamentally change the relationship of Romanian parents with their kids. Most parents don’t believe in the importance of their children’s emotional health, so we campaigned for more time between children and their parents. Our goal was turning Children’s Day into Children’s and Parent’s Day and make it a public holiday. To make it even bigger, we wanted to bring the June 1st spirit every day.
Context / Problem / Opportunity / Insight
Six out of ten Romanian children aged between 7 and 14 y.o. spends just a couple of minutes of quality time with their parents every day. At Itsy Bitsy FM, the radio station dedicated to bringing joy to children, we’ve been offering kids countless stories, theatre plays, talk-shows and songs.
But no content can bring more joy to a child than time with Mom and Dad. So we thought of offering all children in Romania more physical time with their parents, every year, forever.
To ensure maximum impact, we targeted all parts involved in this sensitive issue:
- the millions of Romanian parents, Radio Itsy Bitsy listeners or not, lacking quality time spent with children;
- Romanian mass-media and all powerful influencers of the nation’s attention, including the State’s;
- Romanian authorities, most importantly the politicians in the Parliament, as main decision-makers responsible for introducing a new bank holiday law.
The results of the Itsy Bitsy campaign were achieved with a lot of volunteering and benevolence.
With a budget of only 3,000 euros (used only for the production of the print and billboard materials), after 9 months of intensive campaigning, the following additional results were born:
• Over 450 articles in the printed press and online & 35 TV news. 11,144,587 people in the target group were reached by the educational messages of the campaign, according to BRAT-SNA.
• 90% of the mainstream media of general interest diseminated or broadcasted news and features about a subject considered to be a niche „emotional health of the children”
• The National Audio-Visual Council voted for a message about the importance of parent-child quality time to be broadcast on all TV and radio stations during the usual commercial breaks: "For the emotional health of your child, spend as much time as you can with him”.
• Over 20 celebrity parents joined the campaign and functioned as ambassadors and as media channels in the distribution of messages during the campaign
But the most important result of them all is the fact that Itsy Bitsy evolved from a small and funny radio for kids into an important brand that changed something in our country, literally bringing to life it’s brand mission by offering all children in Romania more time with their parents, every year, forever.
Agency/Company: GMP Advertising
Entry Case Title: June 1st Public Holiday
Brand: Itsy Bitsy
Client: Itsy Bitsy
Executive Creative Director: Mihai Gongu
Sr. Account Manager: Alexandra Mihus
Strategy Director: Dana Pascu
Group Creative Director: Bogdan Raileanu
Sr Art Director: Razvan Raicu
Head of Design: Bogdan Stanciu
Sr Graphic Designer: Valentin Nastase
PR Director: Cristina Butunoi
General Director: Nadia Tataru
Brand Manager: Ina Draganoaia
PR Manager: Monica Popescu
Managing Partner: Ioana Manoiu
Sr PR Executive: Daniela Spiridonescu
Executive Partener: Ileana Neamtu
Public Affairs Consultant: Raluca Constantin
Researcher: Andreea Bujor
Co Executive Creative Director: Matei Curtasu
Co Executive Creative Director: Olivia Basag
OTHER CONTRIBUTING COMPANIES
Other type: Point Public Affairs
PR Agency: GMP PR